Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Zachary's report from Houston

Morning guys. Zachary and I have been out of town for a few days regarding his appointment in Houston at Texas Children's Hospital. Last night, I was too tired to write; so I'm making up for yesterday, today. Today is a normal day...back to reality.


Let me tell you the news of Zachary's health. In 2 weeks, Zachary and I have to return to Houston to have a consult with an pediatric epileptic surgical team. Zachary will then experience his first 24 hour EEG in which they will map out the brain to locate the area in which the strongest seizure activity is occurring. Zachary will then be scheduled for removal of the area in the brain that is causing the most problems. It is possible that a tumor can be removed also. I have been told there is alot of scar tissue present. The doctor is convinced the seizures occur because of the tumors. The doctor believes there is some damage in the brain somewhere and Zachary's speech could have been better if the damage had not been present.


I feel Zachary is in safe hands with Houston. I do fear for him tremendously!! I again wish it was me instead of him. The doctor says Zachary will bounce back quickly. I don't know if he will. I will let them proceed with the surgery because it is his only hope. I will not rest until they give him back to me in one piece. For the first time, I am on the opposite side of this situation. Instead of the patient, I am the visitor who waits for the good news. I don't have to deal with the physical pain or the tears; I have to learn to keep the patient comfortable by giving pain medications and seizure control meds. I have to care for Zachary more than ever before and I will. Zachary is not only my love and my whole heart, he's my best friend. Keep praying for him!!

No comments: