Friday, January 19, 2007

Zachary and I made Peanut Butter Cookies.....

Today has been a better day for me; considering what went on yesterday. I have been aggravated about a number of things that have transpired into unfortunate events for the past few weeks. Yesterday, I exploded like dynamite. I'm sure you can relate. I compare these feelings like that of a wild animal captured and thrown into a unnatural habitat. The area looks familiar; but once the animal realizes it is nothing but a large pet, it loses all sanity and tries to escape. Like this animal, I have slipped into a state of numbness. I still continue to conduct my responsibility as caregiver of Zachary and his siblings; but have left reality for a short time. In other words, I removed my spirit from this crazy life and relocated myself into a safe area to get away for a while. I do this so I can seek peace in my mind and heart. I believe this is good therapy for all parents. Sometimes you need quiet time to grasp your sanity. No phones, television or friends. I am not completely alone, I do have one child that remains with me at all times; so I give him something to do to gain peace and solitude. I don't get to do this much; but I do appreciate the time I do have to enjoy the quiet so I can reflect and map out the next move.

This morning, Zachary was well rested; even though he had a tough night. Today his class is having a picnic at school and each child was instructed to bring something to eat that begins with the letter "P". So last night, Zachary and I made Peanut Butter Cookies and there are enough for the teachers to each have one. Zachary wants to make some sugar cookies also; so we will make those this weekend. I love to bake sweets and Zachary enjoys helping; especially licking the spoon!! That's the best part because I still love to do that and I'm 31!! I'm just a big kid. Houston is still on and I'm leaving on Thursday with Zachary. I will let all of you know how it goes. I am terrified and my family, husband, and friends are too. Just keep praying for him for we are getting closer to a recovery; but according to doctors, he won't be the same.

1 comment:

tomfett said...

hello,my name is tom harris and i live in tuscaloosa,al.i'm a disabled veteran from desert storm.united states marines.my prayers are with zac and the famliy.i'm also a former police officer and who ever this freak is,well let me say zac,and mom the marines have your back.barry is working on a pair of gene's desteroyer boots for me right now.when i can i will help out.please feel free to contact me at 205-533-3612 or darksithtom@aol.com.love tom.semper fi.