Saturday, January 20, 2007

I am blessed with three beautiful children ....

Today has been a wild and crazy day. I cleaned my home and completed all of my laundry while juggling three children. All three of them have been quite the entertainers today!! It has been wild!!! Zachary continues to be on the edge and I can't seem to leave the room for a minute without finding him under my feet. That is okay with me; but something is keeping him uneasy. This reflects on his rest at night; I've noticed. He hasn't been resting easy all week. It makes me wonder how I'm going to have him relax on Friday at the hospital. I promised him if all is well and we have time, I will take him to the Houston Zoo on N. McGregor. I hope all goes well on Friday and I am really hoping he relaxes tonight and rests.

It has been hectic this week and I am beat. I have the children on a schedule and I have been keeping it for myself as well. They ear early, have their baths, watch a little television, I read them a story, and we pass out. I can go to sleep as easy as them because the energy has been sucked out of me. I have kept the children on a schedule since they were small and it continues strongly today. It is very important for all of them; as well as me. Even though, I don't get much time for myself, I spend it all with them. The schedule is very important for Zachary because I feel it shows him what happens here and what time it is done. He is very punctual when it comes to the schedule and he knows when it is time to do what. He doesn't argue or try and change the schedule; he just does what he is told. Every once in a while, I will have a fun day scheduled for him as a surprise to reward him on good behavior. I try and do something special every few weeks; which includes going out of town and every week doing a special activity at home or going to the park when it is warm. I try and keep it simple but interesting for him that way I can keep his attention. I try and do this for all of the kids; but each are different. Bailey likes to shop and read, Zachary likes KISS and fun, and Eli likes to eat good food and play. Doesn't sound like much; but I continue to come out with different ideas and it keeps me busy. Plus I am a constant housekeeper of my home, cook, caregiver, etc. I do have alot on my plate; but it has to get done and I have no choice or it won't be.

I have the most important job and I am proud to say that I am blessed with three beautiful children and a wonderful home to care for...I love being a mother!!

No comments: