Sunday, December 03, 2006

A mothers cry - journal entry - Dec.2, 2006

Today has been a great day for Zachary and the family. Zachary had his usual morning ritual which consisted of; breakfast, boomerang cartoons, torturing his siblings, and the "BIG Kiss Concert" as the grand finale. I, myself, was busy getting "organized" . As far as me and my home goes, it's childproof, but cluttered and I am a HUGE packrat. Well, most women are and it's like "pulling teeth" to get organized. So, I had alot of help. My father helped me with the yard, my mother and best friend helped me with the house, and I was just ALL over the place!! Not to mention, CONSTANTLY interacting with Zachary and his other siblings. So to sum up my day, I would say WILD and FUN!! I feel "uplifted" and very TIRED!! It's absolutely AMAZING what friends and family will do to help; even though it is one of the most SIMPLEST things.



The past few weeks, I have been DEPRESSED and I do apologize if that is coming out in my writing; but these things have to COME OUT or else they can make you totally INSANE!! Today, I don't feel so alone. Tomorrow, well, who knows. To sum this all up, I know Zachary, my son is sick. Two, I feel powerless still; but I do know somewhere on this earth, someone can do something about it. The only problem is finding them!! But, on the other hand, I am NOT taking this "lying down"!! So, call me the "mother that is holding on the the last STRAND of hope". My husband, Lee, feels the same as I do; but you know men, they have no patience sometimes. Women want to "play by the rules" and most men want something done immediately. On this subject, I want to "play nice" and an immediate cure. I too, like my husband, have become impatient and TIRED of the same "song and dance" when it comes to Zachary's care. I can't stress any more to anyone, "HE NEEDS HELP NOW!!" With all the "waiting", my husband and I are one in the same. It's been 5 years and we are tired and extremely IMPATIENT.


My final point, I know there are children ALL over the world just like Zachary with impatient parents just like me. Now I know we are not alone. We have just been members of the same club all this time and have not known about the other. To those parents, I say, be brave. Do things with your children you have never done before, take them places, buy them things you never would!! Why?? Life is too short. Everyday is a blessing that you have them here in your life. Sick or not. They are a gift. Even if Zachary were'nt sick, my husband and I would STILL spoil him just as much as we do his siblings. I guess you can say we are two BIG KIDS!! God does'nt have to give you another day. I know when he is ready for Zachary, he will take him from my husband and I. We're not prepared and never will be for that day. So I try and refrain from that subject as much as I can. I treat each day with him as if it were his final day on earth. If God grants him tomorrow, I look at it as if another prayer has been answered.

No comments: