Tuesday, December 05, 2006

a father's note...zachary's journal...

As Zachary's father, I have some special memories of my own with my son. The times we have shared together for this small amount of time, so far, has been remarkable. When I am home, Zachary, his little brother Eli, and I are in our own world. We try to make up for time missed. Zachary and Eli are so much alike in every way. When I am home from work, Zachary and Eli put on a "live" "Kiss" show just for me because their mother sees it daily and nightly. Zachary is the main reason why it's never boring at our home. I think he has the entertainment department under control in every aspect.

I love to take Zachary fishing and to the hunting camp. Even though he can't do much, Zachary always seems to keep himself busy. One of Zachary's "loves", next to "Kiss", are animals. Zachary believes all animals love him just as much as his mother and I do!! The way I look at it, animals and children go hand in hand. Therefore, animals and children are both very innocent and that's how I still see Zachary.

When Zachary was diagnosed with the 9 tumors, I felt like I lost all control of my son. I do the only thing a father can do for a child, go to work to provide a life for Zachary and the family. That is a tough call, I know. Not long after Zachary's MRI, my wife left work to be with our son. I had to work harder so the bills could be paid and everyone, including Zachary, could be taken care of. There were times when I could'nt handle all the stress the bills were causing. There were times I felt like I was sinking and I had to get help for all of us because all the bills and gas was too much to bear. Sometimes I relied on my father to help us. I also received plenty of guidance from my boss, Oscar, on a daily basis. Oscar and Zachary get along very well, I think. The company I work for has been nothing but supportative for this family. I, as the father of Zachary, feel very grateful that I work for such understanding and generous people who have loved my son the moment they laid eyes on him!


Yes, I do have some special memories of Zachary and myself. I am sorry I have to keep them to myself, though. Because I believe no one will appreciate these memories but me and the family. To another person, it's nothing, to me it's my life, my everything!! I love you, Zachary!!

Love,

Daddy

No comments: